Established in 1958, the Forth Area Federation of Anglers is run by a group of volunteers who have a passion for angling. The Federation became responsible for the fishing in Linlithgow Loch in 1962.
In 1995, the Bank of Scotland, as part of their Tercentenary celebrations, presented a Disabled Anglers Boat to the Federation and in 1996, after receiving Lottery Grant funding through the Scottish Sports Council, and some financial assistance from Lothian and Edinburgh Enterprise Ltd and West Lothian District Council, the Fishing Lodge was built.
Councillor James McGinley, who officially opened the lodge on 14th March 1996, gave the then committee tremendous support in the project.
Dominated by Linlithgow Palace, the loch is a spectacular place to fish. Although once famous for very large brown trout, now most of the sport tends to be provided by stocked rainbows, released weekly throughout the season. The feeding in the loch is particularly good and the fish rapidly gain in both weight and condition, providing excellent sport for our nineteen boats.